Program: Wellness Services
Status: Full-time, Union
Hours: 36.25 hrs/week
Salary: $56,980 – $72,214
Date Posted: October 2, 2020
Closing Date: October 15, 2020
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
Wellness Services at Surrey Place is seeking a Service Coordinator – Intake. Reporting to the Manager, Wellness, the Service Coordinator-Intake will provide intake and service coordination to families with children and youth with developmental disabilities for Wellness Services. You will provide intake and screening of clients while coordinating Wellness services at Surrey Place.
- Intake services including pre-screening clients, caregivers, service providers and staff for appropriate Wellness events
- Making referrals to other community agencies and services as required
- Preparing and maintaining intake and attendance documentation and entering data into the Centre’s MIS
- Preparation of service plans
- Providing information to clients, caregivers, service providers and staff on the availability and appropriateness of community services and funding support
- May be required to participate on the Designate Crisis Response Team
- Participating in and facilitating Wellness Events
- Identifying gaps in service and developing event content to address these gaps
- Implement and support requirements for Grants.
- Honours Degree in social or health sciences or equivalent
- 3 years of related experience
- Experience working with children and youth with developmental disabilities and their families
- Knowledge of developmental services and educational, community, and health care service systems for children with developmental disabilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience on an interdisciplinary team and with multicultural environments is an asset
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting file #2082 in the subject line of your email.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.