Program: Children’s Intake & Wellness
Status: Part-time, contract (8 weeks)
Hours: 35 hrs/week
Salary: $14.25 per hour
Date Posted: May 20, 2021
Closing Date: June 2, 2021
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
At Surrey Place, we value collaboration to connect our clients with the help they need. Our Intake Service welcomes clients, their caregivers, service providers and staff to meet our team and collaborate. Together, we determine which services at Surrey Place may be most useful by providing service coordination consultation, making referrals, and providing information on other community agencies/services and funding supports. We take a person-centred approach to collect information and develop an individualized service plan to determine programs each client is eligible for.
As part of the Canada Summer Jobs Program, the Children’s Intake and Wellness program is seeking a Service Navigator/Intake Assistant. This position reports to the Manager, Service Coordination and Intake.
The Service Navigator/Intake Assistant (CIW) is responsible for supporting our Intake Workers and Service Coordinators as they process and direct new clients to the appropriate clinical services. This role has a clinical administration and data focus.
The duties are but not limited to:
- Respond to service inquiries via telephone and confirming client eligibility.
- Complete client registration.
- Data entry onto Microsoft CRM for medical services and database registration for coordinated service planning.
- Assemble and send out welcome packages to new clients.
- Project work with the Manager, Service Coordination & Intake and with Service Coordinators.
- Support running service clinics virtually.
- Photocopy documents for client and departmental distribution.
- Retrieve faxes and distributing to staff.
- Excellent communication, teamwork and problem-solving skills
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
To be considered as an eligible candidate for the Canada Summer Jobs Program, you must be between 15 and 30 years of age and be legally entitled to work in Canada. This means you must have a valid Social Insurance Number.
Due to the pandemic, this position is home-based for now. Candidates will be required to work from a Surrey Place location when the Covid-19 restrictions are lifted.
Please state in your application if you have access to a computer, home internet, and phone, to be considered. We encourage applications from the following groups:
- Newcomers/refugee youth (Newcomer defined as having arrived in Canada in the past 5 years)
- Indigenous youth
- Visible minorities / racialized youth – LGBTQ2 youth
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter in one file saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting file 21065 the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.