Program: Adult Program
Status: Full-time, Contract (12 months)
Salary: $37.2430 – $47.1997
Date Posted: September 22, 2021
Closing Date: October 6, 2021
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
The Adult Program at Surrey Place is seeking a Social Worker. Reporting to the Manager, Adult Services, the Social Worker will provide a range of clinical and indirect services to adults with developmental disabilities and the social work perspective on interdisciplinary teams in a professional and competent manner.
- Develop and implement specialized individual, group and family therapy services.
- Provide psychotherapy and/or psychosocial therapy and treatments to adults with developmental disabilities and their families and support systems.
- Conduct assessments of clients, families and systems using a comprehensive bio/psycho/social model, assessing the strengths and needs to support clients to live their potential.
- Establish and implement measurable objectives for outcome evaluation with the involvement of clients and connect with community resources as appropriate.
- Participate as a member of an interdisciplinary team to prepare and coordinate appropriate treatment plans.
- Master’s of Social Work degree from an accredited university.
- Current registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Services Workers and/or the Ontario College of Registered Psychotherapists.
- Three years’ experience in a community-based organization specializing in meeting the various needs of adults with disabilities.
- Demonstrated competence in a variety of psychotherapy techniques including systems therapies, CBT, psychodynamic, interactive therapy, and bereavement counselling.
- Knowledge and skills in providing individual, group and family therapy.
- Significant experience providing family-centered services for both assessment and treatment interventions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook), other software such as scheduling, client database management, etc.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills are required.
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Vulnerable Sector Screening, and proof of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
Due to the pandemic, this position is a combination of remote and in-person work for now. Candidates will be expected to deliver in-person services if needed. When Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, candidates will be required to work from a Surrey Place location.
How to Apply:
- To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values.
- Save your resume and cover letter in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith).
- Send your resume and cover letter to People Services, email@example.com, quoting file 21140 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. Successful candidates who receive a conditional offer of hire will be eligible for accommodation in employment up to the point of undue hardship for bona fide human rights related restrictions and limitations. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.