Program: TRE-ADD, St. Theresa Shrine Catholic School (TDSB & TCDSB)
Status: Full-time, Contract (12-months)
Salary: $30.2284 – $38.3099/hr
Date Posted: April 27, 2020
Closing Date: May 8, 2020
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
The TRE-ADD Program at Surrey Place is seeking a skilled Supervising Therapist. Reporting to the Program Manager, the successful candidate will supervise a team of Instructor Therapists and Behaviour Support Workers working directly with youth up to the age of 18 with autism spectrum disorder and significant behavioural challenges in a Section 23 school classroom. As a member of the interdisciplinary team, the incumbent will be responsible for leading implementation of behaviour treatments within the classroom, assessing treatment effectiveness, providing staff support and supervision and oversight of day to day operational requirements.
- Working directly with clients to monitor treatment(s)
- Contributing towards the development of behavioural assessments, individual treatment programs, behaviour support plans and emergency procedures
- Conducting on-site supervision of staff to ensure high quality treatment is provided
- Provision of on-the-job training, supervision, and support to the ongoing development of treatment staff
- Collaborating with school board staff to promote an excellent working environment for all
- Problem-solving/decision making with the interdisciplinary team
- Liaison with families and community agencies re day to day concerns, or as required
- Operational oversight of human resources, health and safety other administrative functions
- Master’s degree in Psychology or related field, or pursuing such
- BCBA certification, or pursuing BCBA certification
- 5 years of direct clinical experience in behavior analysis supporting youth with challenging behaviours
- Managerial/Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of the special education system is an asset
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting file #2048 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted