Department: Treatment Research and Education for Autism and Developmental Disorders
Location: Mississauga Secondary School
Status: Full-time, Contract (until October 2022)
Hours: 36.25 hrs/week
Date Posted: January 13, 2022
Closing Date: January 27, 2022
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
The TRE-ADD Program at Surrey Place is seeking a Supervising Therapist within its School-Based Services. Reporting to the Manager, TRE-ADD, the successful candidate will supervise a team of Instructor Therapists and Behaviour Support Workers working directly with youth, between the ages of 6-18 with autism spectrum disorder and significant behavioural challenges. This service is delivered in community school classrooms as part of our Education and Community Partnership Program (ECPP). As a member of the interdisciplinary team, the incumbent will be responsible for leading implementation of behaviour treatments within the classroom, assessing treatment effectiveness, providing staff support and supervision and oversight of day-to-day operational requirements.
- Working directly with clients to monitor treatment(s).
- Contributing towards the development of behavioural assessments, individual treatment programs, behaviour support plans and emergency procedures.
- Conducting on-site supervision of staff to ensure high quality treatment is provided.
- Provision of on-the-job training, supervision, and support to the ongoing development of treatment staff.
- Collaborating with school board staff to promote an excellent working environment for all.
- Problem-solving/decision making with the interdisciplinary team.
- Liaison with families and community agencies re day-to-day concerns, or as required.
- Operational oversight of human resources, health, and safety other administrative functions.
- Master’s degree in Psychology or related field or pursuing such.
- BCBA certification or pursuing BCBA certification.
- 5 years’ direct clinical experience in behavior analysis supporting youth with challenging behaviours.
- 1-year related supervisory experience in a health care or social services environment.
- Knowledge of the special education system is an asset.
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Vulnerable Sector Screening, and proof of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Fluency in French is considered an asset.
Due to the pandemic, this position may require shifting between direct in-person and virtual services and supervision delivery. When Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, candidates will be required to work from a Surrey Place location.
How to Apply
- To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values.
- Save your resume and cover letter in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith).
- Send your resume and cover letter to People Services, email@example.com, quoting file 22008 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. Successful candidates who receive a conditional offer of hire will be eligible for accommodation in employment up to the point of undue hardship for bona fide human rights related restrictions and limitations. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.