Program: Autism Services
Status: Full-time, Management
Hours: 36.25 hrs/week
Date Posted: January 26, 2021
Closing Date: February 1, 2021
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
Autism Services at Surrey Place provides skill building programs, within the context of an inter-professional environment, to children and youth with an Autism Spectrum Disorder living in the city of Toronto, based on the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis. This is a province-wide initiative, funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services that will assist children and youth to build skills in the areas of communication; behaviour management/ emotional regulation; social/interpersonal; and daily living skills. The Supervisor, ABA Services reports to the Manager, Autism Services.
- Clinically and administratively supervise staff in the delivery of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) services and supports to children and youth with a diagnosis of an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and their families.
- Assist with the development and delivery of parent training, education and support services.
- Hours of operation include ability to work evenings and weekend hours
- This position will require travel to multiple locations
- Master’s Degree in Applied Behaviour Analysis, Psychology or Developmental Disabilities with study/experience in Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)
- Certification as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst required
- 5 years’ work experience in developing and/or delivering ABA
- 1 year related supervisory experience in a health care or social services environment
- A thorough understanding of principles and conceptual issues of ABA
- Proficiency with a PC, including: Microsoft Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook), and Boardmaker
- Demonstrated excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
Due to the pandemic, this position is a combination of remote and in-person work for now. Candidates will be expected to deliver in-person services if needed. When Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, candidates will be required to work from a Surrey Place location.
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, email@example.com, quoting file 21013 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.