Program: Information and Communication Technology
Status: Full-time, Union
Salary: $58,707 – $74,402
Date Posted: September 3, 2021
Closing Date: September 17, 2021
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
Reporting to the Manager, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), the Systems Administrator is responsible for Surrey Place’s ICT infrastructure’s maintenance, improvement, and support. In addition, they are responsible for the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure. The Systems Administrator participates in technical research and development to promote innovation and ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to our organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and partners.
- Engineer solutions for various projects and operational needs.
- Install new and rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install and configure systems such as infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated, approaches for system administration tasks.
- Act as an escalation point for technical issues within the department.
Operations and Support:
- Perform daily system monitoring, verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, review system and application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Provide Tier III and other support per request from various users, clients and partners.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures, and coordinate and communicate with end users as needed.
- Promote ITIL standards when operating the service desk.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure new tools and services as necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, and other procedures.
- Complete periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing upgrades and optimization on all server and network infrastructure.
- Post- secondary education in Computer Science, Information Systems & Design, or related field.
- 2 years of related experience in a similar network and systems administration role.
- A solid understanding of IT security principles in a corporate environment.
- In depth knowledge of ITIL process, particularly for change management and service desk.
- Previous experience with design and maintenance of SharePoint sites (2010 and 365).
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, particularly Azure preferred.
- Enterprise class Windows Server operating systems 2008-2016 management experience and SQL 2003-2016 database management experience preferred.
- Maintenance and design of Citrix products and technologies including XenApp and XenDesktop experience preferred.
- Experience with mobile device management for iOS and Android.
- Ability to effectively design and implement projects from start to finish with some oversight.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with all members of the organization effectively and professionally.
- Able to work in a team environment and provide guidance to fellow team members.
- The successful candidate must provide an clear Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening).
- Fluency in French is considered an asset.
Due to the pandemic, this position is a combination of remote and in-person work for now. Candidates will be expected to deliver in-person services if needed. When Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, candidates will be required to work from a Surrey Place location.
How to Apply:
- To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values.
- Save your resume and cover letter in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith).
- Send your resume and cover letter to People Services, email@example.com, quoting file 21126 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.