Program: Children’s Intake & Wellness
Status: Full-time, Contract (12 weeks)
Salary: $16.00 per hour
Date Posted: September 7, 2021
Closing Date: September 21, 2021
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
At Surrey Place, we value collaboration to connect our clients with the help they need. Our Intake Service welcomes clients, their caregivers, service providers and staff to meet our team and collaborate. Through our vaccine support outreach, we are helping clients and families to book and attend a COVID-19 vaccination appointment if they are interested in being vaccinated. The Vaccine Coordinator calls registered clients to gather and input accommodation information to make their vaccination appointment successful. The Vaccine Coordinator will also support clients to find a vaccine clinic and book appointments over the telephone. We take a person-centred approach to collect information and develop an individualized service plan to determine client needs.
Reporting to the Manager, Service Coordination & Intake, the Vaccine Coordinator will respond to vaccination inquiries from our clients via telephone and confirm client vaccination support needs.
The duties are but not limited to:
- Call Surrey Place clients and caregivers to discuss vaccination support needs.
- Complete client vaccination support needs in the CRM database.
- Data entry onto Microsoft CRM for medical services and database registration for coordinated service planning.
- Support caregivers to navigate local vaccination clinics, book clients into vaccine timeslots.
- Vaccine project work with the Manager, Service Coordination & Intake and with Service Coordinators – Children and Adult programs.
- Photocopy documents for client and departmental distribution.
- Retrieve faxes and distributing to staff.
- Post-secondary education is preferred.
- Excellent communication, teamwork and problem-solving skills
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Due to the pandemic, this position is home-based for now. Candidates will be required to work from a Surrey Place location when the Covid-19 restrictions are lifted.
How to Apply:
- To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values.
- Save your resume and cover letter in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith).
- Send your resume and cover letter to People Services, email@example.com, quoting file 21127 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.