Program: Finance and Corporate Services
Status: Full-time, Union
Hours: 36.25 hrs/week
Salary: $56,980 – $72,214
Date Posted: July 25, 2019
Closing Date: August 8, 2019
Reporting to the Manager, Information and Communication Technology, the successful candidate will be a key member of Surrey Place’s ICT Department and will work closely with Surrey Place’s Design & Development team to ensure the successful delivery and ongoing maintenance of Surrey Place’s websites and other web applications. The successful candidate will be a self-driven individual who relies on analytics, user behavior and user experience to drive design, engagement and traffic.
- Maintaining current set of Surrey Place and partner organization websites.
- Ensuring websites meet all accreditation and compliances needs (PHIPA, PIPEDA, AODA, WCAG).
- Developing and updating scalable websites based on current trends and UX feedback.
- Identifying/ troubleshooting problems with our website or underlying code and proposing solutions to resolve them that are guided by best practices, data, and our coding environment/web infrastructure.
- Actively participating in meetings and ongoing code/architecture reviews and propose improvements.
- Research emerging trends, case studies and provide feedback on Surrey Place’s web presence.
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Information Systems & Design or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of previous professional web development experience.
- Background in managing web projects using the various methodologies (Waterfall and Agile).
- Demonstrated understanding of UX/UI Design processes and best practices.
- Ability to work collaboratively with wireframes and prototypes.
- Understanding of WCAG 2.1 and its implementation.
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation, processes and workflows.
- Proficiency with change management and ticketing systems.
- Experience developing and maintaining WordPress sites including updating and managing WordPress Plugins.
- Experience in maintaining websites and web based applications across multiple platforms (desktop, mobile) and multiple browsers while ensuring AODA & PHIPA compliance.
- Experience in pushing website updates through Git.
- Ability to research new trends and technologies.
- Previous experience with SEO and Google Analytics an asset.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills – able to communicate with all levels of the organization effectively and professionally.
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, email@example.com, quoting file 1945 in the subject line of your email.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.