Program: Information and Communication Technology
Status: Full-time, Union
Salary: $58,707 – $74,402
Date Posted: September 3, 2021
Closing Date: September 17, 2021
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
Reporting to the Manager, Information and Communication Technology, the successful candidate will be a key member of Surrey Place’s ICT Department and will work closely with Surrey Place’s Design & Development team to ensure the successful delivery and ongoing maintenance of Surrey Place’s websites and other web applications. The successful candidate will be a self-driven individual who relies on analytics, user behavior and user experience to drive design, engagement, and traffic.
- Maintain current set of Surrey Place and partner organization websites.
- Ensure websites meet all accreditation and compliances needs (PHIPA, PIPEDA, AODA, WCAG).
- Develop and update scalable websites based on current trends and UX feedback.
- Identify and troubleshoot problems with our website or underlying code and propose solutions to resolve them, that are guided by best practices, data, and our coding environment/web infrastructure.
- Actively participate in meetings and ongoing code/architecture reviews and propose improvements.
- Research emerging trends, case studies and provide feedback on Surrey Place’s web presence.
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Information Systems & Design or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of previous professional web development experience.
- Background in managing web projects using the various methodologies (Waterfall and Agile).
- Demonstrated understanding of UX/UI Design processes and best practices.
- Ability to work collaboratively with wireframes and prototypes.
- Understanding of WCAG 2.1 and its implementation.
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation, processes, and workflows.
- Proficiency with change management and ticketing systems.
- Experience developing and maintaining WordPress sites including updating and managing WordPress Plugins.
- Experience in maintaining websites and web-based applications across multiple platforms (desktop, mobile) and multiple browsers while ensuring AODA & PHIPA compliance.
- Experience in pushing website updates through Git.
- Ability to research new trends and technologies.
- Previous experience with SEO and Google Analytics is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills – able to communicate with all levels of the organization effectively and professionally.
Due to the pandemic, this position is a combination of remote and in-person work for now. Candidates will be expected to deliver in-person services if needed. When Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, candidates will be required to work from a Surrey Place location.
How to Apply:
- To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values.
- Save your resume and cover letter in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith).
- Send your resume and cover letter to People Services, email@example.com, quoting file 21121 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.