Specialized Programs & Services
Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) describes the range of effects that can occur in an individual exposed to alcohol before birth. These effects may include a wide variety of physical, intellectual, and neurobehavioural deficits. We offer specialized programs & services including diagnosis, caregiver support, behaviour support, communication support, early learning & development, healthcare, and mental health & wellbeing.
- multi-disciplinary team assessments for children, youth, and adults
- individualized assessment reports, recommendations, and support plans
- assistance with accessing supports and services post diagnosis, including short term service coordination, behaviour therapy, counselling, and medical/psychiatric consultation
- information and education regarding FASD
- development of a support plan
- working with schools and other service providers to coordinate services
- assistance with transition planning to adult services
- for children and youth up to the age of 18, and young people between the ages of 18 and 21 who remain in school
- for children and youth with a suspected or confirmed diagnosis of FASD
Children & Youth (0-18): 1-833-575-KIDS (5437)
Adults (18+): 1-855-372-3858
Services to Organizations
In addition to our clinical treatments, Surrey Place also provides clinic coordination and diagnostic services that are customized and focus on addressing specific needs.
Each program has specific requirements, unique admission criteria, and is delivered using a combination of services, both clinical and non-clinical.
The FASD team provides clinic coordination to organizations and their teams as they deliver multi-disciplinary assessment for children, youth, and adults suspected of fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD). Our services are entirely customizable, tailored to meet your needs and budget.
We work directly with clinic teams to plan and facilitate client-centered access to diagnosis on a fee-for-service basis, including:
- Advising your clinic on tests and tools, including virtual platforms
- Developing an intake process suited to your clinic
- Setting up information gathering procedures for client history such as prenatal alcohol exposure
- Training staff and creating practices to coordinate multi-disciplinary team
- Providing multi-disciplinary consultations from our seasoned FASD team, including psychology
We work with organizations to provide multi-disciplinary assessment reports for children, youth, and adults suspected of fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD). Our services are entirely customizable, tailored to meet your needs and budget.
We work directly with organizations to plan and facilitate client-centered access to diagnosis by providing:
- Comprehensive and multi-disciplinary FASD assessment reports for individuals who may need:
- diagnosis to access services
- guidance for supports with challenges such as school, and work
- better understanding of their strengths and challenges
- support with complex needs
- Pre-assessment information gathering such previous assessments, and prenatal alcohol exposure
- Pre- and post-assessment meetings with families
- Recommendations for individuals and their families
Why Choose Us?
- 50+ years of service
- FASD diagnostic clinic since 2007
- Leader in FASD diagnostic services
- Trusted mentor of FASD clinics across Canada
- Involved in FASD research
- Accreditation Canada standing
Book a Consultation
All Ages: 416 925-5141 ext 2343
We are committed to providing credible and relevant information to the people we support. Whether it’s a conference, info session, or a webinar series, we actively create and host events for the wider community.
In honour of FASD Awareness Day, Surrey Place hosted a multi-day webinar series to build capacity, knowledge and resilience in FASD.