Our services are based on scientific research about our clients’ needs and what will work for them. We also perform program evaluations by collecting data from clients, which tells us if our services are working well, and we use that information to improve our services.
Our work involves:
- A quality framework that guides our program evaluation and quality improvement efforts
- Engagement with research with community partners that provides new evidence to improve services. For example:
- Surrey Place partnered with CAMH in the Healthcare Access Research in Developmental Disabilities Program
- Surrey Place partnered with Family Service Toronto to lead provincial needs assessments on the impacts of COVID-19 on people with developmental disabilities, their families and the professional staff that support them
- Staff use professional development and training opportunities to continually improve their knowledge and skills and access the best available evidence through our library
- Engagement in knowledge translation to communicate important research findings