While You Wait
List of community programs and services for adults (18+) to explore, prepared by Developmental Services Ontario – Toronto Region (DSO-TR)
* Published on March 29, 2021
DSO-TR is the centralized access point for any Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS) funded adult developmental services in the Toronto region. If you are 18 years of age, or older, some services and supports may be available by request upon eligibility with DSO-TR, while other services and supports cannot be accessed until the DSO “application package” is completed.
Please note, all services and support requests are prioritized based on need and wait times can be involved.
Reach us at:
- 1-855-372-3858 (answered 24/7, with assistance provided in most languages)
- 416-925-4930 (goes to a voicemail system that is checked during business hours)
MCCSS-funded services available by request, upon eligibility:
- Specialized services: for Behaviour Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language Therapy, etc. call Surrey Place at 416-925-5141 and speak to the “Adult Intake Service Coordinator”
- $5,000.00 of Passport funding: for a referral or more information about this individualized funding, contact DSO-TR
- Adult Protective Service Worker (APSW): for a referral or more information about this service for individuals who live independently, contact DSO-TR
- Respite options: Visit respiteservices.com or call 416-322-6317, ext. 1
- Urgent or transitional supports: Contact DSO-TR for a referral or more information.
MCCSS-funded services available once the DSO application package is completed:
- Community Participation Supports (CPS): such as daytime, recreational and social programs, etc.
- Supportive housing: such as group living, supported independent living, etc.
- Passport funding: additional individualized funding
- Person-Directed Planning (PDP): life planning service
- Family Support Worker (FSW): case management/service coordination.
Community Services to Explore While You Wait
NOTE: The following pages include a listing of services and supports provided both without cost and on a fee-for-service basis. The listing has been compiled for informational purposes only and individuals/ families are responsible for assessing the suitability of the services and supports.