Some children require additional support in a specific communication domain like articulation or literacy. Families and caregivers can play a vital role in their child’s progress. Our Communication Essentials Package includes an initial planning session with a speech-language pathologist (S-LP) to determine your child’s needs and strengths. Together with your clinician, you will set meaningful goals within specific communication domains. You and your child will then participate in seven treatment sessions focused on addressing goals and providing strategies to enhance communication skills. After the sessions, our team will provide a summary report reviewing progress on goals and future recommendations.
Call Children & Youth Intake
Enhance Communication Across Environments
1:1 Client to Staff Ratio
As part of the Communication Essentials Package, the clinician will:
- Identify the client’s current speech and language strengths and needs with a specific communication domain.
- Develop meaningful goals with the client and caregiver to track progress with communication skills.
- Teach strategies to improve communication
During the session, the child and caregiver will participate with the Speech-Language Pathologist (S-LP) in a series of goal-directed activities to improve identified communication needs. At the end of the session, the S-LP will review strategies and progress.
The Communication Essentials Package is appropriate for you and your child if:
- You have a child, aged 4-18.
- You live in Ontario.
- Your child has been diagnosed with autism by a licensed professional.
- Your child has a communication need within a specific communication domain that requires intervention (articulation, oral motor, receptive language, expressive language, fluency, voice, literacy).
- Your child requires individualized S-LP services to treat the communication need. (May be requested by the caregiver or communication need is not responsive to group service or is not targeted within ABA services.)
- Your child can sit and maintain attention for an hour, with breaks if needed, to participate in intervention with caregiver.