Family Advisory Council
Brings caregivers together to improve client care
As caregivers, we know how important it is that services are informed by lived experience. By taking an active role in decision-making, we help Surrey Place improve client health outcomes. The Family Advisory Council is a committee that consists of people like you – caregivers of children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism and/or special needs. Our mission is to make your voice heard.
We share our experiences, advocate, make recommendations and prioritize important matters, to and with Surrey Place, so that together, we can make positive changes.
Our goals include:
- Prioritizing concerns for Surrey Place
- Expressing family and caregiver perspectives to inform clinical practices
- Identifying gaps in services and suggesting concrete solutions
- Guiding Surrey Place staff on service enhancement
- Building community amongst Surrey Place caregivers and family members
We welcome people of diverse and underrepresented backgrounds to join us on our journey to making the future bright for us all. We welcome people of diverse and underrepresented backgrounds to join us. With your participation, the Council can continue this work in a meaningful way.