Awards & Designations
Recognizing our work in making a world of difference to people with developmental disabilities
As an organization, Surrey Place continues to demonstrate leadership in the social services sector that has received several awards and designations. However, none of this would be impossible without the outstanding work of staff and clinicians who dedicate themselves to clients, community organizations and agencies, professionals and students every day. Surrey Place is proud to have received the following awards and designations for its work:
- Accreditation Canada (2016 – 2020), recognizes organizations around the world that improve outcomes in accordance with independent assessments and global standards. In 2016, Accreditation Canada commended Surrey Place on “the commitment to using accreditation to improve the quality and safety of the services it offers to its clients and its community”. Learn more.
- City of Toronto Access, Equity and Human Rights Award (2019), the highest honour in the City of Toronto that recognizes people and programs that have made a difference by eradicating barriers to equality and discrimination.
- IPAC Public Sector Leadership & Excellence Award (2015), recognizing organizations that have demonstrated outstanding leadership by taking inspired action towards improving public services, supporting government priorities or have had a significant impact on public policy.
- GWN Dragon Boat Festival (2011), which recognizes the investment in community that Surrey Place has continued to make.
- Kitefest Spirit Award (2007), which acknowledges community engagement success from organizations in Toronto.