Hands-On Videos: Kitchen
Sensory activities with kitchen items that you can do with your kids
* Published on April 7, 2021
These engaging videos are for people of all ages to have fun in the kitchen! Get creative while working on fine motor, communication, math and sorting skills. Each activity provides an exciting sensory experience that anyone can enjoy. Activities also promote independence for daily living skills in the kitchen.
- 3 different flavours of juice (e.g. orange, mango, fruit punch)
- 1 popsicle making tray
- 1 cup of berries (e.g. sliced strawberry, blueberries)
- dry erase marker.
- Have children request the flavour of juice they would like.
- Take turns pouring juice slowly into the popsicle tray.
- Have fun and choose different berries to place into the juice in the tray.
- Use a dry erase marker to label popsicles.
- Freeze for 3 hours in freezer.
- Remove popsicles from tray and enjoy!
- Count berries while putting them into the juice.
- Experiment with different fruit (e.g. kiwi, mango)