Hands-On Videos: On the Go!
Quick and simple sensory activities for families and caregivers to do with their kids
* Published on May 6, 2021
These activities are fun, simple, and don’t require too much time to prepare. Children can work on language, social, play, fine motor, and math skills, all while engaging with their caregivers or other family members. Many of these activities can also be saved and stored away for later use.
- construction paper
- Have child put their hands together on a piece on construction paper and trace them.
- Cut out the tracing, but remember not to cut down the middle or separate the hands.
- Decorate the hands with markers (e.g. jewelry, painted nails)
- Punch a hole in construction paper in the middle where the hands meet.
- Blow up a balloon.
- Have child draw a face on the balloon with markers. Careful not to pop it!
- Pull the tied end of the balloon through the hole in the construction paper shoes.
- Set the hands on the table and the balloon should stand up straight.
- Glue features on such as yarn hair, button eyes etc.
- Use a variety of facial expressions such as surprised or happy.
- Use a variety of materials, sticker etc.