Community Network of Specialized Care – Toronto Region
Inspiring new opportunities with specialized care and support
Adults with complex medical needs, behaviour challenges or exposure to the justice system may require additional support and resources to reach their full potential. The Community Network of Specialized Care (CNSC) – Toronto Region helps clients meet their needs in a timely manner by improving communication among services and supporting referrals. We do this by:
- Enhancing complex support coordination
- Developing cross-sector collaborations
- Improving community planning
Our team serves adults living with intellectual or developmental disabilities – such as autism spectrum disorder (ASD), fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD) and Down syndrome – who also have multiple complex needs. All clients must meet the eligibility criteria of Developmental Services Ontario.
What are the eligibility criteria?
Eligibility adults may have:
- Extraordinary medical or behavioural support needs
- High overall support needs
- Challenges causing safety concerns because of medical or behavioural support needs
- A need for overnight supports; exceptional medical supports that require overnight supports
Other considerations include:
- Multiple partners involved in the person’s support
- Complex systemic considerations for the person
- No agency or case management involvement
- Network is able to stay involved until the current supports can manage the complexities.