Who We Are – Our Stories
How does Surrey Place empower people of all ages with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and those with visual impairments lead healthy and socially inclusive lives? By working together with our clients, families, community and government partners, we aim to deliver the best possible results for the people that we serve.
Autism: Community Awareness Presentation
This video is about Surrey Place raising awareness with regards to Autism Spectrum Disorders. The presenter is Kelly Alves, Parent and Education Support Supervisor, Surrey Place.
My Health Booklet Series
The My Health Booklets are a series of health education booklets produced by Surrey Place and funded by the Ontario Government, Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services. The purpose for the series is to offer guidance to people with developmental disabilities in a clear and simple manner. The series consists of eight booklets now available online, with subjects ranging from general health issues to more specific health topics. The following booklets are now available online:
- Checking Up ~ What I need to know about going to the doctor’s office
- Following Through ~What I need to know about taking medicine
- Examine Yourself ~ What I need to know about breast health
- The M Word ~ What I need to know about Menopause
- The Big Red Dot ~ What I need to know about having my period
- Checking All of Me ~ What I need to know about pelvic exams
- Checking All of Me ~ What I need to know about men’s health
- Count on Your Colon ~ What I need to know about colonoscopy