The Special Services at Home program helps families who are caring for a child with a developmental and/or physical disability. It is funded and managed by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services.
The program helps families pay for special services in or outside the family home as long as the child is not receiving support from a residential program.
To be eligible, children under 18 with a developmental or physical disability must:
- Need more support than most families can provide, are living at home with their family
- Reside within the Province of Ontario
The amount of SSAH funding that can be received is based on:
- The child needs
- What other help they are receiving in the community and at home
- Approval amounts the client receives vary based on the factors above
- There are no income requirements for this program
- It is a reimbursement funding program
- There is currently a waitlist for funding
For the most up-to-date information please go to the ministry website.