This workshop will focus on how we can support our mental and physical well-being during this time. Participants will learn positive tools and strategies to support their well-being and connect with others.
Five Simple Wellness Tips
- Be physically active – move your body & build a new routine.
- Talk to other people – phone, online, at a distance, etc.
- Think differently – some things we can not control. Take one day at a time.
- Take a break & turn off the news.
- Practice mindfulness and meditation – this includes yoga and simple breathing activities.
Supporting the Vulnerable
These are some things that may help when supporting the vulnerable people in your life:
- Keep lines of communication open and talk regularly – through video chat, phone calls, messaging apps or text messages.
- Be a good listener.
- With permission, provide factual information without getting into an argument.
- Ask what they make of the information you shared.
- Ask about their general health, food they might need, tasks that need to be done and other ways you might help them.
- Help them stay distracted with work, hobbies, music, movies and other activities.
- Help them structure the day and encourage them to limit the amount of news they consume.
- If they have a pre-existing mental illness, make sure they have access to their medications and that their condition is not getting worse.