STARTS AT $18,720 (W/TAX)
STARTS AT $23,400 (W/TAX)
Intensive Behavioural Intervention (IBI) is an in-depth form of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA), provided at 24 to 30 hours per week. The result is a comprehensive program that targets goals within multiple developmental areas. Children receive intervention support that is outcome-based and goal-focused. It can target a broad range of areas, including play and social skills, speech and language development, pre-academic development, sensory processing, fine and gross motor skills, self-care, behaviour, school readiness skills, and much more.
Therapy is provided by a team of trained therapists and delivered one-on-one.
Call Children & Youth Intake
The goal of IBI is to significantly improve a child’s overall functioning and increase the rate of their learning. IBI is intensive and comprehensive, with 20 to 40 hours per week of treatment recommended for young, early learners.
Skills that may be taught by the therapist include:
- Following routines
- Transitioning to and from activities
- Early social skills such as turn-taking and sharing
- Imitation skills
- Play skills such as building blocks and figurine play
- Fine motor skills such as pointing, holding a marker, and colouring
- Gross motor skills such as throwing a ball and riding a tricycle
- Early school skills such as sitting and attending for group activities
- Daily living skills such as toilet training and dressing
After an initial and thorough assessment, we will create a service plan specific to your child’s needs.
Each cycle of Intensive Behavioural Intervention (IBI) starts at 12 weeks in length with a minimum of 24 hours per week of intervention directly with the child and family. Families can extend a service plan, complete service plans back to back, or take a break between service plans.