Toronto, October 2, 2018 – As Canadian Occupational Therapists (OT) celebrate and promote their profession for the whole month of October, Surrey Place will also be participating.
At Surrey Place, OTs work with our clients to help with functional skills in self-care, productivity, and leisure activities. Following a family centered approach, they provide service to infants, children, youth, adults and families where it best meets their needs. Services may include individual assessment, consultation as well as small group settings. Parents and caregivers also have the opportunity to practice the skills needed to help their child reach their full potential.
Together, we can help raise awareness and advocate for the needs of infants, children, adults and families who require occupational therapy so that they can do the things that are important to them.
How we will be participating:
- Releasing a series of Surrey Place Occupational Therapy Resources
- Activities for Bilateral Control of the Hands
- Activities to Encourage Scissor Skills
- Food exposure
- Making Fine Motor Tasks More Fun
- Making Food Fun
- Physical Activities to Impove Physical Healt
- Tooth Brushing Resources
- Tooth Brushing Sensory Strategies
- Tooth Brushing Tips and Tools
- Tooth Brushing Visual Strategies
- Tripod Grasp-OT-Handouts
- Highlighting the work of our many Occupational Therapists